To provide HR support to the Human Capital department in the areas of Recruitment, Induction and Integration, Payroll, Policies and Procedures, Compensation and Benefits and Business support.
Essential Job Functions:
o Work closely with the Human Capital Manager (HCM) to support recruitment campaigns for individual roles.
o Responsible for ensuring the corporate website is up to date with current jobs.
o Manage the recruitment inbox and respond to candidates in a timely manner.
o Coordinate interviews with recruitment agencies and direct applicants for Hiring Managers and HCM.
o Ensure recruitment trackers are maintained and continually improved.
• Induction & Integration
o Initiate the new hire checklist and process in a timely manner.
o Enter new hire information onto the relevant systems.
o Create personal files for all new hires and ensure that all documentation is present and completed.
• Payroll System and Employee Database
o Maintain and update IQMS, employee database, and time system with any employee changes (i.e. new hires, or personal info changes)
• Policies and Procedures
o Assists with the development of and updates to job descriptions to ensure all positions have a job description, FLSA status, and compensation range assigned.
o Participates in the internal job evaluation of a position as a result of modifications or enhancements.
o Updates Employee Handbook and other policy and procedure manuals in order to stay in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws
• Compensation & Benefits
o Maintains benefit records by developing recordkeeping systems; initiating new- hire benefits; recording changes.
o Responsible for processing all employee benefits, including, Health, Dental, Vision and Life benefits and 401k enrollment
o Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
o Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
o Reconciles benefits accounts by approving billing statements.
• General Administration & Ad hoc duties
o Maintain employee and general files.
o Ensure appropriate security for all HR-related information.
o Assist HC Manager with ad hoc projects and duties when required.
• Business Support
o Meet with employees and line managers as per their request, escalating any issues to the HC Manager
o Maintain an awareness of HR best practice at all times.
• Regular and punctual attendance.
• Perform other responsibilities as needed to support the success of the organization
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Manager of the following departments and or personnel:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to interpret and apply federal and state employment laws
• Interpersonal skills
• Matrix Organization skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to distinguish urgent from important
• Project management
Education, Training and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or similar required
• Minimum of five years of Human Resources/Relations experience – Manufacturing environment preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Communication skills; Verbal and Written; All organization levels.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Problem Solving Skills
• Analytical thinking
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Internet software and Inventory software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Courage and Self Confidence
• Drives results
• Achievement oriented
• Customer focused
• Open and solid communicator
• Operational Excellence focus
• Empowers subordinates
• Win-Win mentality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
• Stand and walk
• Reach with hands and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
• The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
• The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
Thogus’ Core Values
Passion– Desire to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same.
Honest and Integrity-Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Dedication-Team focused to execute tasks with a positive attitude, sense of significance, and enthusiasm.
Mutual Respect- Considerate of others’ ideas, feelings, beliefs, or property; giving it even if you don’t get it.
The Edge- Commitment to adaptation, breaking tradition, and accepting change.