Essential Job Functions:
- Performs preventive maintenance on all molds by disassembling, cleaning, reassembling and storing molds according to the ERP System.
- Performs inspection for damage and minor repairs.
- Analyze manufacturing feasibility and specifications using knowledge of tool design, shop math, and assembly procedures to re-build tools and dies.
- Ability to read tooling blueprints and/or engineering parts/welded prints, and work orders.
- Works with little direction while performing maintenance on tools or fixtures for production.
- Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
- Select tools and materials for the job.
- Replace dull cutting tools.
- Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
- Use manual and computer-controlled machinery.
- Modify programs in response to problems.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Organize tool room and order shop supplies.
- Updates tool room schedule as needed with minimal direction from manager.
- Understands Poke-Yoke and use with all tools as much as is practical.
- Takes direction from Tool Room Supervisor / Senior Mold Maker as to daily activities.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed to support the success of the organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to react to change and perform other tasks as assigned
- Reflects a positive professional image, leads with direction and optimism
- Proactive, Self-starter / Motivated
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Able to program and operate CNC equipment
- Experience in measurement techniques and practice
- Proficient in Manifold maintenance and repair
Education, Training and/or Experience
· 2-year technical degree and/or
· Five years of related experience and/or training –Or-
· Equivalent combination of education and experience
· Injection molding experience preferred, alternate industry experience will be considered
· Experience in preventive maintenance
· Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
· Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
· Microsoft Office Suite
· ERP navigation (IQMS Preferred)
Other Skills and Abilities:
· Problem Solving
· Strategic Thinking
· Safety and Security
· Quality Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
· Stand and walk
· Reach with hands and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
· The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
· The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
If you are interested in joining the Thogus team
, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or stop by to apply in-person