Changeover Technician-2nd, 3rd and Rotating 12 Hour Shifts
Time: 2nd, 3rd and Rotating 12 Hour Shifts
Start your career at Thogus and apply to be part of the Changeover Team. The Changeover Technician performs a variety of tasks involved with job changeover for plastic injection molding including equipment cleaning, raw material handling, mold set/pull, start-up, troubleshooting and shut-down.
- Sign-On Bonus
- 12 Paid Holidays (including your Birthday)
- Perfect Attendance PTO
- Overtime opportunities
- 401k with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life)
The Changeover Technician performs a variety of tasks involved with job changeover for plastic injection molding including equipment cleaning, raw material handling, mold set/pull, start-up, troubleshooting and shut-down. Essential Job Functions
- Material Handling:
- Places raw material into hoppers.
- Removes material from hoppers and repacks it into containers for next operation.
- Checks material mix sheet and/or the IQMS work order for blending and material quantity information.
- Verifies lot numbers and mix ratios for colorants, virgin and regrind materials.
- Understands how to and performs movement of material electronically with the Scan Gun and physically to and from the press in a timely fashion according to the set-up schedule and IQMS.
- Verifies all material tubs, bins, and dryers have proper paper work.
- Understands and uses IQMS (ERP system) to perform proper labeling, and movement of material.
- Follows filling schedule as required on material mix sheet.
- Records material information to control amount of regrind and virgin material.
- Cleans up spilled material around grinders, material bins, and dryers.
- Empties grinder bins.
- Responsible for cleaning of equipment and removal of garbage.
- Mold Changeover:
- Performs mold changeover including pulling, set-up, verification for plastic molding machines and auxiliary equipment (dryers, grinders, robots, conveyors, etc…) to complete set-up of work cell.
- Cleans inside and around press to remove all evidence of previous job, as well as any equipment not needed for the job planned to run next.
- Performs minor maintenance on the molds on an as-needed basis.
- Maintains production records related to job responsibilities both in paper form and electronically.
- Adjusts parameters or production conditions to resolve quality issues or production issues as they arise.
- Responsible for start-up and production of injection molding process applications on a variety of OEM and tonnage presses, using 2 & 3 stage and decoupled processing, among other techniques.
- Ability to run vertical, horizontal, rotational and overlay molding machines and processes including processing multiple core-pull / multiple cavity tooling.
- Engages in processing that includes effective use of hot runner processing, valve gated tooling, etc.
- Partners with Quality and other departments to attain customer-specified requirements for end products.
- Responsible for ensuring molded components meet all product quality criteria including dimensional and attribute requirements.
- Responsible for set-up, programming, operating, and maintaining all Servo Robotics (3 axis) and end of arm tooling (EOAT). Partners with Automation and Engineering as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and reducing process variation in partnership with execution departments.
- Responsible for hands-on troubleshooting and process improvement through scientific injection molding techniques and root-cause elimination in cooperation with partner departments.
- Confers with the Supervisors, and partner departments to coordinate activities and execute scheduled priorities.
- Performs activities of other departments, as needed, including (but not limited to): Inspection Operator, and Quality as cross training permits and production necessitates for the good of the organization.
- Enters data such as downtime information into IQMS system and views schedule / work orders as needed.
- Assists co-workers in solving problems; supports troubleshooting efforts on an as-needed basis.
- Communicates issues in a timely manner through the appropriate channels; provides feedback to tooling, maintenance, and other technical departments to facilitate effective assessment and repair of tools / equipment.
- Maintains a clean work environment and work space through basic housekeeping duties (vacuuming, cleaning, organizing)
- Works with safety-conscious mindset; follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform job responsibilities according to the company’s core values.
- Notifies Shift Supervisor of mold defects, machine issues, and safety concerns.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed to support the success of the organization
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Oral Communication
- Safety and Security
Education, Training, and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) REQUIRED -AND-
- One to three years related experience and or training
- Manufacturing or plastics experience preferred.
- Mechanical background is ideal.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of injection molding desirable.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Able to efficiently utilize Inventory Control Software as needed (IQMS)
- Able to use email and calendars for communication and scheduling.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Tow Motor License required – training can be provided
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand and walk
- Reach with hands and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance
- The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
Thogus’ Core Values
- Passion – Desire to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same.
- Honest and Integrity -Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Dedication-Team focused to execute tasks with a positive attitude, sense of significance, and enthusiasm.
- Mutual Respect- Considerate of others’ ideas, feelings, beliefs, or property; giving it even if you don’t get it.
- The Edge- Commitment to adaptation, breaking tradition, and accepting change.