Essential Job Functions:
· Sets-up and Operates manual machining equipment for the manufacturing and repair of injection molds. (Bridgeport, Surface Grinder, Lathe, Cutoff Grinder, and Band Saw)
· Operates CNC equipment (Cimatron & Solidworks experience preferred).
· Analyzes manufacturing feasibility and specifications using knowledge of tool design, shop math, and assembly procedures to build tools and dies.
· Sets up and operate conventional, special-purpose machines to fabricate tooling components; and fit and assembles these components into production tooling and fixtures.
· Ability to read tooling blueprints and/or engineering parts/welded prints and produces high quality tooling from them. Most data will be 3D solids.
· Supports and assists with preventive maintenance of tools.
· Maintains Preventative Maintenance schedule and documents on all equipment.
· When required, produces parts for broken machines, at times with few or no prints as a repair function.
· Consults with other tooling machinists and engineers to translate simple, effective ideas into tools.
· Understands Poke-Yoke and use with all tools as much as is practical.
· Takes direction from Tooling Supervisor as to daily activities.
· Regular and punctual attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to react to change and perform other tasks as assigned
· Reflects a positive professional image
· Proactive, Motivated
· Able to read and interpret blueprints
· Able to operate CNC equipment (programming a plus)
· Experience in measurement techniques and practice
Education, Training and/or Experience
· 2-year Technical Degree and/or
· 1-3 years of related experience and/or training
· Injection molding experience preferred, alternate industry experience will be considered
· Proficient understanding of drawing analysis, i.e. Cimatron, AutoCAD, and Solidworks or other.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
· Advanced measurement (GD&T a plus)
· Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
· Basic trigonometry
· CNC programming skills a plus
· Microsoft Office Suite
· ERP navigation (IQMS preferred, but will train right candidate).
Thogus’ Core Values
Passion – Desire to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same.
Honest and Integrity -Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Dedication-Team focused to execute tasks with a positive attitude, sense of significance, and enthusiasm.
Mutual Respect- Considerate of others’ ideas, feelings, beliefs, or property; giving it even if you don’t get it.
The Edge- Commitment to adaptation, breaking tradition, and accepting change.
If you are interested in joining the Thogus team
, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or stop by to apply in-person