Inspection Operator Level 1 - 12 Hour Nights Schedule
Start your career at Thogus and apply to be an Inspection Operator Level 1. The Inspection Operator inspects and handles finished goods (plastic parts from an injection molding press or at an offline secondary assembly) and prepares them to be shipped to the customer.
12-Hour Nights Schedule:
- Work every other weekend and 2-3 nights a week. (15 days per month)
- Automatic 8 hours OT (Time and 1/2) on every bi-weekly pay
- Sign-On Bonus
- Starting Pay $11.00 (with $0.50 Shift Differential)
- 12 Paid Holidays (including your Birthday)
- Perfect Attendance PTO
- Overtime opportunities
- 401k with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life
The Inspection Operator inspects and handles finished goods (plastic parts from an injection molding press or at an offline secondary assembly) and prepares them to be shipped to the customer. This individual is expected to perform job responsibilities according to the company’s core values.
Essential Job Functions
- Prior to starting job, reviews quality specifications and all work instructions, including packaging details, and fully understands what is expected to run the job properly.
- Asks questions when information is not clearly understood.
- Comprehension and ability to complete the following processes:
- Operating process, work instructions, quality specifications, packaging requirements
- Make specified modifications to part (as needed)
- Trim off runner or perform a secondary operation such as welding or placing an insert into the part, etc.
- Removes, replaces, and packages finished parts when specified number has been produced, then labels and uses a scan gun to disposition parts into inventory.
- Completes final inspection of product to ensure it is conforming to the customer’s specifications (either visually or with measuring equipment)
- Count, weigh and/or sort parts to be assembled and/or packaged using a sample scale or counter scale.
- Assists in quality sorts, both online and offline
- Completes final packaging according to customer specifications
- Utilizes IQMS functions to: Label & package parts, prepare for upcoming jobs, enter in rejects, verify product count, find raw material, sub-components, and packaging, accounting for finished goods, moving inventory or finished goods throughout the system.
- Completes proper paperwork
- Properly record rejects, end of run verification, shift counts
- Prepares and tears down cells prior and concluding production following standard instructions.
- Basic housekeeping duties (vacuuming, cleaning, organizing)
- Notifies production supervisor of mold defects, machine issues, and safety concerns.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed to support the success of the organization
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Oral Communication
- Safety and Security
Education, Training, and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and
- One to three years related experience and or training
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
- Able to efficiently utilize Inventory Control Software as needed (IQMS)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand and walk
- Reach with hands and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance
- The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
Thogus’ Core Values
- Passion – Desire to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same.
- Honest and Integrity -Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Dedication-Team focused to execute tasks with a positive attitude, sense of significance, and enthusiasm.
- Mutual Respect- Considerate of others’ ideas, feelings, beliefs, or property; giving it even if you don’t get it.
- The Edge- Commitment to adaptation, breaking tradition, and accepting change.