The Production Coordinator is responsible supporting and guiding operational activities focused on developing and improving training programs as well as managing Continuous Improvement projects made throughout the operational organization. This is a support role to the Production Manager. This individual is expected to perform job responsibilities according to the company’s core values.
- Sign-On Bonus
- 12 Paid Holidays (including your Birthday)
- Perfect Attendance PTO
- 401k with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life)
- Base Schedule:
- Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p
- Overtime opportunities
- Temperature controlled
The Production Coordinator is responsible guiding and supporting operational activities focused on developing and improving training programs as well as managing Continuous Improvement projects made throughout the operational organization. This is a support role to the Production Manager. This individual is expected to perform job responsibilities according to the company’s core values.
Essential Job Functions
- Executes the training needs for production team members along with Team Leads and Supervisors.
- Develops and implements standardized training programs for the Operations Department.
- Oversees continuous improvement and communications.
- Assists with developing and maintaining a 5S program to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Operational support with corrective actions, IQMS, product launches, cell setups, OWI creation and audits, and other related projects and tasks.
- Assists with the development of standardized operating procedures.
- Assists with the Tow Motor Licensing program to ensure employees are trained and certified.
- Assists with continual analysis and updating of production processes and the efficient use of labor to be safer, simpler, and more economical.
- Backup to Supervisor, Team Lead or Trainer as needed including:
- Coordinates new hire operator and temporary employee training.
- Filling in for PTO
- Assures inventory integrity/accuracy through inventory management actions and process execution.
- Supports the availability of MRO supplies for production.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment, systems and tools
- Productivity principles and practices
- Continuous Improvement Principles
- Production Processes
- Material flow and management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Oral Communication
- Safety and Security
Education, Training and/or Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and
- One to three years related experience and or training
- Experience with the education and training of others
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S Principles
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access.
- Able to efficiently utilize Inventory Control Software as needed (IQMS)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
- Stand and walk
- Reach with hands and use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
Thogus’ Core Values
Passion – Desire to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same.
Honest and Integrity -Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Dedication-Team focused to execute tasks with a positive attitude, sense of significance, and enthusiasm.
Mutual Respect- Considerate of others’ ideas, feelings, beliefs, or property; giving it even if you don’t get it.
The Edge- Commitment to adaptation, breaking tradition, and accepting change.