Time: Base schedule of Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for managing Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable functions with respect to daily entering of vendor invoices and customer payments into the ERP system IQMS. This will include preparing cash disbursements on a weekly or bi-weekly basis and reconciling of the AP and AR accounts to the trial balance. This position will additionally have similar responsibilities for affiliated companies managed out of QuickBooks and support miscellaneous administrative functions as needed.
- Sign-On Bonus
- 12 Paid Holidays (including your Birthday)
- 401k with Employer Match
- Comprehensive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Life)
- Temperature controlled
- COVID Prevention Protocols
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes AP / AR and research issues, verify and resolves AP / AR issues with customers and vendors
- Weekly or biweekly cash disbursements, matching of check stub to invoice, filing, mailing payments to vendors, and supporting transition to ACH vendor payments
- Performs General Ledger/Monthly closing activities related to accounts payable, including preparation and entry of all assigned journal entries and completion of closing checklist and other supporting documentation, in a timely manner
- Retrieve and distribute daily mail.
- Customer collections and resolves problems with short pays.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with US generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”)
- Establishes and maintains internal controls
- Contribute to self-development of continuous improvement
- Assists with various general accounting duties and performs other duties as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Critical Thinking
- Highly motivate and self-directed
Education, Training and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of five years’ experience in similar role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchase price variances, standard cost and inventory control with-in an ERP manufacturing environment
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to write reports, and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, vendors, employees, and other department managers
- Basic mathematical skills addition, subtraction, percentages.
- Ability to use a ten key
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Email Communication- Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with ERP systems: IQMS, Oracle, QuickBooks
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Thogus is currently using two systems for both AP and AR, this position requires double entry into both systems. We anticipate upgrading the current IQMS ERP System in 2021 so entry into one system will be the norm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
- Sit at a desk
- Reach with hands and use hands to type on a keyboard and use a computer mouse
- The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- The employee may be required to lift and /or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
Thogus’ Core Values
Passion – Desire to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same.
Honest and Integrity -Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Dedication-Team focused to execute tasks with a positive attitude, sense of significance, and enthusiasm.
Mutual Respect- Considerate of others’ ideas, feelings, beliefs, or property; giving it even if you don’t get it.
The Edge- Commitment to adaptation, breaking tradition, and accepting change.